(1) After May 31, 2009, an isolate board shall not do any of the following things without the prior approval of the Minister or unless it is done in accordance with the board’s estimates of its revenues and expenditures prepared under subsection 231 (1) of the Act for the 2008-2009 school year, as reviewed by the Minister:
1. Pass a by-law or resolution relating to a payment.
2. Convey an interest in property or purchase an interest in property.
3. Transfer money between or among reserve funds or change the purpose or designation of a reserve fund.
4. Enter into a contract, make a payment in connection with the end of a contract or incur a financial liability or obligation.
5. Appoint a person to a position, hire a new employee or promote an existing employee.
6. Make or agree to make a payment in connection with the end of an employment contract or employment relationship. O. Reg. 212/09, s. 6.
(2) The Minister may approve the things listed in subsection (1) for the purposes of that subsection and may impose any conditions he or she considers necessary. O. Reg. 212/09, s. 6.
(3) Despite subsection (1), an isolate board may do any of the things listed in that subsection in the case of an emergency. O. Reg. 212/09, s. 6.
(4) Subsection (1) shall not be construed to prevent an isolate board from fulfilling its obligations under any contracts entered into before June 1, 2009. O. Reg. 212/09, s. 6.
(5) Paragraphs 5 and 6 of subsection (1) shall not be construed to affect the employment relationship between an employee and a board or their respective rights against, and obligations to, each other, including under any collective agreement. O. Reg. 212/09, s. 6.
(6) Members, officers, employees and agents of each isolate board shall, on request, permit the Minister or a representative of its successor board to,
(a) enter and inspect the premises and to meet with the members, officers, employees and agents of the isolate board; and
(b) examine and copy any document, record or other information in the possession of the board. O. Reg. 212/09, s. 6.
Please feel free to let us know. We will get back to you.